Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One for the 'Record' Books

Today a student asked me, " Miss Stultz, what is the 'Gineous' Book of World Records?

Strangely, I was sure what I heard was "Miss Stultz, what is the Hideous Book of World Records?" Immediately, I had visions of a volume celebrating all-things-gross-and-disgusting--you know, something cataloguing things like: longest fingernails, worst nosebleed, and most shocking find-from-the-back-of-the-fridge. Sadly, not only do such things exist, but they tend to hold broad appeal for children.

Before I answered, another child corrected her, "No, it's the Genius Book of World Records."

A third child got it right, "No, it's the Guinness Book of World Records."

And still another, very authoritatively, "No. Guinness is beer!"

1 comment:

  1. Lol...these are so funny! My daughter is a 3rd grader and says some of the funniest things:-)

    ReplyDelete